Monday, June 05, 2017 / by Jake Lippincott
People move for various reasons of course and sometimes find themselves with a home to sell before they can complete the new purchase. If you find yourself in this position, here are some key points to keep in mind when considering making an offer on that new home that you're in love with.
This is my priority list of an offer being accepted when making a contingent offer.
1. Your house not on the market yet- Seller will not take it seriously.
2. Your house is just fresh on the market- Better, but barely.
3. Your house is on the market, is having showings, and maybe even an agent who has shown it twice to the same client. Getting warmer!
4. Your house is on the market and has an agreed upon offer- NOW we're talking!
5. Your house not only has the executed contract (agreed upon offer) but has had inspections, and any repairs have been negotiated. In other words ...